Sunday, November 18, 2012

Embrace The Dutch (and spanish)

Awesome things that happened this week:

We got mail.


I have the coolest friend ever. Love her to death and miss her sweet family! Thanks LeeYen!! 
The cool thing is she is having a baby girl a couple of weeks before Fletcher gets here. I have already planned the marriage. 


It was Pilar's Birthday.

One of my favorite people in the Branch had her birthday last Monday. She invited everyone over to her house and we had a quick FHE lesson on Faith and then Brandon had his first experience with Frikendel. Frikendel is like a Dutch hotdog that is deep fried, that has even more mysterious ingredients than an american hot dog. yikes. people order it at work all of the time and I had tasted it before. Brandon wasn't too impressed. Then we had cake, which was my favorite part. I love our branch here and how we are like one big family.

Paul Allen
So Paul Allen, the cofounder of Microsoft is in town. Brandon got a personal tour of his amazing yacht. He got past the guard and asked some of the staff members if they would show them around and they did. How cool is that?  He is selling it, if anyone is interested. $160 Million. NBD.

I had a Doctors--Midwife's-- Appointment

I finally got an appointment with my midwife! I really like her a lot. She is very kind and very calm. Everything is looking great and Fletch just keeps growing and growing. He is getting stronger too and loves showing it through kicks and punches. He has the hiccups a lot too. My midwife, Dr. Lont, told me that I have to stop running. She wants to make sure that I maintain the structural integrity of my pelvic muscles. That sounds good to me. She said I should still exercise, just not run. Time to get creative.
We gave Discurso's in Church.
Well Brandon and I gave talks in church, in Spanish! I was kind of nervous, but everything went great. We invited a bunch of people from Brandon's class and they all showed up! So cool. I talked about how we should live our lives in order to qualify for the most blessings and Brandon talked about the Restoration and then tied that back receiving blessing from keeping the commandments, so our went together pretty well. If you want an english or spanish version of our talks, comment or email me and I'll send it to you.
We got Dutch Bakeried.
Sometimes when you are pregnant and living in the Caribbean, you just need to go to the Dutch bakery and get a delicious treat. The funny thing is, Brandon chose the cookie and I chose the cream puff, but after we each took a bite of our own, we switched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment