Sunday, January 27, 2013

our naughty little boy...

Major. Update.

first of all, No More Work!! I officially started my pregnancy leave (4 weeks before my due date) on January 11th. It has been so nice to be home, get things ready for Fletcher and of course take a nap and go to the beach everyday. My favorite thing though is that I have been able to eat lunch with Brandon at school almost everyday. It's nice to spend a little bit more time with him, especially since this semester is so busy.

We got to play softball with the branch a couple of saturdays ago and it was so much fun. they even let me pitch and bat. It was pretty exciting. I got hit in the leg with the softball, one of the Elders nearly missed one to the head, the senior missionary have two diving catches, and Brandon and I both got scouted to be on one of the league teams. All in all we had a great time. 
We also have been making some time for the beach and using the super awesome beach umbrella I got Brandon for Christmas. Yes I am the best wife ever.
Okay, now the news you have all been waiting for... 
baby Fletcher

Well i finally made it 37 weeks on January 18th.
We celebrated by having a mexican night with a bunch of our friends. we had flautas, homemade pico de gallo, fajitas, arroz moro, bean dip and chips, ice cream cake, pintrest smore cookies, fruit salad, and I don't even remember what else.... it was delicious. sorry, side tracked. ANYway the following tuesday I had an appointment with my midwife and after pushing on my belly a couple of times she told me that my baby was breech and that i was going to have to get a c section. I was in shock, because exactly one week before on my appointment she told me that he was head down and told me for the last 7 weeks that he was head down. I didn't feel any major movements from baby fletch, so I think that he has been breech this whole time and maybe his bum and head just feel a lot alike from the outside?? I dunno, I wish that I could have found out earlier so i could do more to try to help him flip before he got so huge, but what's done is done and for whatever reason the best way for him to come into this world is not the normal, regular way. So after my midwife told me the news she said that I had to get an ultrasound to confirm and then I need to schedule my c section. So I had an ultrasound the next day and it was confirmed. His little noggin is firmly placed under my ribs and he has no plans of moving. he gave have slim to none chances that he would turn on his own already being 37 and a half weeks pregnant. After the ultrasound the doctor gave me two options: c section or spontaneous breech delivery. yikes. those are my choices? ouch. he said that if we chose c section it would either be the following wednesday (jan 30) or the one after that (feb 6). He said he would give us a few days to think about it, so we did and we prayed about it too and we decided that a c section was our best option. we also decided that january 30th would be the day because my mom is flying in on jan 29th and we wanted to maximize the time she was here. we also wanted to reduce our chances of me going into labor and having to have an emergency c section and we thought that feb 6th was too close to my actual due date. so we went back and told the doctor our decision and after another ultrasound confirming fletch still hadn't moved we officially scheduled the c section for Jan 30. yay! 

we are actually both really excited and only a little bit nervous for me to have major abdominal surgery in a foreign country. thank goodness I have insurance!!

we also really like the doctor and feel really comfortable with him. He is just here on Bonaire for 6 months and is leaving the week after Fletcher's arrival, so we are having him just in time. 

My last Sunday being pregnant with Baby Fletcher!

Oh yeah, we also got a TON of Christmas cards from our friends and family! they all came on the same day... gotta love the mail here. 



1 comment:

  1. Silly little boy! I guess you will get that epidural after all! Good luck, we can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete