Sunday, December 23, 2012

good news, great news, and a surprise!

I had my 32 week appointment last week. Fletcher is head DOWN. What a good little boy. Everything is looking great. He is growing like crazy and so am I.

Great news! I found out about my pregnancy/maternity leave and it turns out that I get 12 weeks off 100% paid. 4 weeks before my due date-pregnancy leave and 8 weeks after Fletcher is born-maternity leave. I wish I could just do all 12 weeks after, but the law says that you can only have maximum 8 weeks after the baby is born. I'll take what I can get though! especially when I still get 100% of my wages for the time I have off.

What an amazing blessing.


Brandon finished his first semester of Medical School!!! WOOHOO!! moving right along. The semester seemed to fly by. He got amazing grades and is enjoying his break from studying.


Brandon got to go deep sea fishing with some members of the branch twice in the last two weeks. The first time he went was during the day and so it was nice and hot and he caught a bunch of huge fish! the second time was at night and it rained the whole time. Everyone was freezing and didn't catch anything. He loved it though and is still telling people about it.

I also got to make Christmas sugar cookies with the Sister Smith and Barbel, while our husbands were night fishing. It was so much fun to get together and visit and make and eat cookies together. Christmas just isn't the same without frosted sugar cookies.

The best part of the week was my Christmas Surprise from Brandon. I came home from work Friday night--Brandon had already left for fishing-- to Christmas music playing and a beautifully decorated tree set up in our bedroom with a bunch of presents under it!! There was also a sweet little note from Brandon. How romantic, right? Best Husband Ever Award? I think so.

I don't have any pictures this week--still waiting on some fishing ones to get emailed to us, but I will put some up next week for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment