Sunday, March 31, 2013

Big news.

Lots of stuff been going on.
I'm going to start off with the bad news....my maternity leave is over. I'm super bummed. But I only have to go back to work for a couple more weeks because.......
Brandon is transferring schools. We are leaving Bonaire as soon as the semester ends. We have been thinking about transferring schools since November of last year and finally made the decision to do it a couple of weeks ago. The school is called Saint Martinus University and is on the next island over called Curacao. We are moving there in July. We checked out the school and Brandon sat through a couple of classes when we went to Curacao to get Fletch his proof of birth abroad and passport. (Which we got in the mail the other day! It's official! We got a legal American baby!) 
Brandon's classes at St. James end on April 26th, SO we have a two month break before his classes start again, SO we are going back to the states!! We are going back to Washington and working for the two months that we are there and enjoying the little things like hot water and warm showers, carpet, and a nice big bowl of cold cereal with REAL milk. 
So far I have been hired for four different jobs. I got hired at the Nike Employee store on the Nike campus in Beaverton, OR, two online tutoring jobs, and as a mommy stroller fitness/running instructor. I decided to turn the Nike job down and take the tutoring jobs and the fitness instructor job. I am so excited because I get to stay home with Fletch and my awesome mother and sister-in-laws and still work and make money. HUGE blessing. And since they are online tutoring jobs, I can keep the tutoring jobs when we move back to the Caribbean so like I said, I can be a stay at home mom and still earn money. WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN!
Also- I got a new calling. I'm the second counsellor in the Primary and I LOVE, love, Love it. So much fun.
We are excited for the new opportunities Saint Martinus offers us, but we are sad to leave Bonaire, especially the Branch. Good thing for Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment